Written By -
Last Updated - 5 April, 2020 | 1482 Views
As the spread of COVID-19 increases with every passing day, Canada has put special immigration standards. Despite these standards, Canada holds express entry draw, continues to accept immigration applications & issue invitations for the permanent residence.
Canada government still accepting application despite travel constraints due to corona outbreak
While Canada has put travel restrictions, Candidates are still welcome to apply for express entry profile as well as their permanent and temporary resident applications. Canada continues to hold express entry draw and issue applications for permanent residents. Canada is also being more flexible by providing more time to submit their documents in case candidates are being affected by COVID- 19 outbreaks.
Who all are allowed to enter in Canada during this coronavirus epidemic?
- Canadian citizen
- Permanent residents
- Immediate family members of Canadian citizens & permanent residents (spouse/common-law partner, dependent children, children, guardian, and tutor.
- Temporary foreign workers
- Permanent resident applicants who were approved for PR before Canada travel restriction on 16 March 2020 but who had not yet traveled to Canada.
- International students who are having a valid study permit and had been approved for a study visa before Canada's travel restrictions.
Canadian airports which are open to international travel
- Calgary international airport
- Montreal-Pierre Trudeau International Airport
- Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
Screening of passengers by Canadian Airlines
Airline companies will be responsible for screening the health of the individual before boarding to Canada. Airlines have been directed to prevent individuals from having COVID-19 symptoms from flying to Canada.
The Canadian government has issued a statement indicating that passengers who display fever, cold, cough and breathing difficulty may be denied from boarding planes unless they have a medical certificate which shows that these symptoms are not due to COVID-19.
Good to know
- Express entry draws continue & federal and provincial government will continue invitations to apply for permanent residents
- Starting from March 3rd week, all-in-person landing appointments are canceled and will be done through by telephone, IRCC will inform you through email and let you know your appointment date.
- The biometric deadline extended to 90 days instead of 30 days.
- The travel restrictions are until 30 June 2020 at noon
- The rules are not applicable to trade or business
As we have seen the impact of coronavirus on immigration rules and standards. Every country has changed its immigration rules due to this Corona outbreak. In this article, you will get to know about the new immigration rules.