Written By -
Last Updated - 14 November, 2019 | 870 Views
SINP (Saskatchewan immigration nominee program) allows the province to nominate a candidate for permanent residence based on 3 categories.
- Skilled International Worker
- Saskatchewan Experience
- Business/Entrepreneur/Farm Application
In our first article about SINP, we had talked in detail about the skilled international worker category. Whereas, in our last article we provided a complete guide for the experience category.
This article is focused on the Business/Entrepreneur/Farm Category
Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program - Business/Entrepreneur/Farm Category
You can apply to the following subcategories under this category
- Entrepreneur Category
- Farm Category
- Young Farmer Category
This category allows candidates and their families to start a business in the province.
How one can apply for the Saskatchewan immigration nominee program entrepreneur stream?
There are four steps to the nomination process -
- Expression of interest to the SINP
- Invitation to submit an application
- Business Establishment
Successful candidates first come to Canada for temporary work permits then they become eligible to apply for a nomination program after at least 6 months to establish their business.
The Expression of interest must meet the following requirements.
- The minimum net worth should be $500,000 that is legally acquired.
- Should have management experience or a minimum of 3 years of entrepreneurial experience.
- Investment of $300,000 in Saskatoon or $200,000 in other Saskatchewan area.
Candidates first enter in the pool where they receive the score and who has the top scorer in the pool will receive the invitation.
Farm Owner/Operator Stream
This category is for those who’d like to move to Saskatchewan and who have experience in farming and wish to purchase and operate a farm in Saskatchewan.
Requirements of farm owner/ operator stream
- Total assets of $500,000.
- Make a deposit of $75,000 (CAD) in trust which will be refundable only if you meet the terms of the Performance Agreement.
- An exploratory visit to Saskatchewan preceding the application.
- Documents that highlight your experience as a farm operator.
- Reasonable, proposal for a commercial Saskatchewan farming opportunity.
Requirements of young farmer stream
- Personal assets of $300,000 at least.
- Younger than 40 at the time of application.
- Least of 3 years' involvement in Farm ownership, Farm management or Practical farming experience.
- Make a proposal for a commercial Saskatchewan farming opportunity. In Saskatchewan, a qualified farming business must have a minimum of $10,000 CAD annual revenue.
- A spouse having marketable employment skills, that will enhance your farming income.
- Direct an exploratory visit before the application.