Written By -
Last Updated - 14 November, 2019 | 707 Views
Documents required for visitor visa can be many and varied depending on various factors and some special cases. Here, we articulate the whole list for you so that you can know the essential documents based on your case.
- Current passport as well as all old passports
- One photograph
- Confirmation page of DS160 US application online form with stamp
- Visa fee receipt, fees to be paid in advance before booking an appointment
- A hard copy of the appointment letter
Supporting documents for US tourist visa
The main purpose of supporting document is to verify
- Criminal record
- Passport validity
- Financial history or affordability
- Intent to return home country
Any other additional documents that support above ease a successful visa interview. Supporting documents could vary from various circumstances.
Below is a list of suggested documents for some circumstances. These documents act as a guide only.
Supporting documents for tourism, pleasure or for exploring the US (US visitor visa)
- Travel itinerary
- Proof of funds (bank statement, copy of passbook other proof of cash)
- Tax ID, Pan card, last year’s tax statement
- Business card
Supporting document for visiting children or attending any family function
- Letter of invitation from your relative or children
- Proof of event in any form (invitation card, brochure, etc).
Documents for medical treatment
If you want to go for medical treatment then there is a different list.
Documents for a B2 visa for B1 holder's spouse or children requesting a dependent b2 visa to accompany the B1 visa holder to the USA.
- You need the copy of B1 visa holder’s passport and visa
- Letter of invitation from B1
- Arrangement of expenses. It would be handled by a B1 visa holder or by the company that is undertaking the expenses.
- Letter to consulate from B1 (primary visa holder) requesting a visa for spouse/children
- Letter from the business of b1 visa holder to the consulate endorsing and asking for the visa for b1 holder's own family might also assist.
Other suggested document for US visitor visa
- Occupation related - if you are employed get a letter of employment verification
- If you are a government employee then you need NOC
- If you are self-employed, you need proof of business ownership and financial history.
The above-listed document is not mandatory and can be varied for different circumstances.
For parents or individual candidates whose journey is subsidized by way of their children, spouse, and children, or friends who live in America, they ought to get certain files from the sponsors