Written By -
Last Updated - 14 November, 2019 | 366 Views
The dependent visa commonly known by various names officially allows the dependents of citizens either permanent or temporary to enter or reside in the country with their family.
Under the dependent visa, if you are above the age of 18 then you can sponsor dependent family members which include spouse, parents, grandparents, children and common-law partner.
In this case, you need to show that that you can bear all the expenses of yourself as well as your dependent without the need of any state benefits or other public funds. For this visa the government defines marital arrangements in the following ways:
- A spouse is a person who is legally married to you as per religious customs and your marriage is registered with the civilian authorities with your city.
- A common-law partner is a person with whom you had a connubial relationship for at least one year continuously. You should be to prove that you are living together in the same house.
Documents required for Canada dependent visa for spouse
For spouse dependent visa you will need to show the following things:
- Your certificate of marriage from the city, province or the territory where you wedding had taken place. In case your marriage took place outside Canada, your marriage should be considered valid as per Canadian government law.
- You should be able to show that you will to live together if your spouse gets the dependent visa and should be willing to sign the agreement that both the sponsoring spouse and the applicant understand their responsibilities.
- You will need to sign the agreement that you will provide the basic amenities to your spouse.
- You will need to prove that your relationship with your spouse or common-law partner is lawful and he/she will live with you during stay not to work in Canada. Some of the ways which can be proof of your geniuses’ relationship.
- Photographs of your family outing
- Proof of communication between both of you-messages, emails, calls
- A joint bank account used for monthly expenses.
Additional conditions for spouse’s Canada dependent visa
The Canadian government has obtruded the additional conditions on the person who is applying for Canada dependent visa for a spouse.
- A person who has already entered in the country sponsored by one spouse has to wait at least for 5 years from the date of entry to sponsor someone else as your spouse
Canada dependent visa eligibility and features
Dependent visa of Canada allows you to sponsor your family members who are dependent on you in which you can sponsor your parents, children, grandparents, spouse under this scheme however spousal visa scheme is a subsection of this scheme and has already discussed above.
How to apply for Canada dependent visa and its requirements
In case of sponsor your family through dependent visa there are some requirements
- Document proof of your financial status and cash flow of the previous 12 months to show that you can bear the expenses of your family.
- In case if you are sponsoring your child for Canada dependent visa then he/ she
- Should be below the age of 22
- Must be able to prove your child is financially dependent on you
- If your child is unable either physically or mentally and cannot earn his own money then you can sponsor him.
- Your child should be biological or legally adopted child.
- You will need to provide a birth certificate or adoption paper to show the proof of relationship.
- The child will need to clear the medical or criminal test if your child is found to have any criminal case or medical ailment then he will not be allowed to enter the country.
Who can be sponsored through dependent visa Canada?
- Your spouse or common-law partner
- Your biological or legally adopted child
- Your siblings and children of your siblings
- Your grandparents or grandchildren (provided they are orphans).